- When a disaster strikes, the odds are not in your favor. Statistically, almost one-third of businesses will be affected by some sort of natural disaster. Perhaps even more gripping, FEMA and SBA studies show that 25% to 45% of businesses do not reopen after a disaster.
- How much downtime you can afford. A study by Aberdeen concluded that the average cost of downtime for a business was approximate $163,674 per hour. This is a staggering number for a business of any size, particularly small- and medium-sized businesses. Investing in preparedness now and understanding the value of time will undoubtedly save you in the long run.
- What you need to backup. Businesses should plan to backup any files and applications required to help them operate their business. This means line-of-business applications, emails, client records, virtual machines, point of sale systems, financial and accounting applications, CRM software instances, servers and workstations, and their general files and folders.
- You need a DR plan and the right tools to support it. A disaster recovery plan is an essential set of procedures documented to protect an organization’s IT infrastructure after a disruption, such as a power failure, system crash, natural disaster, or human error. The impact of some of these disruptions can be minimized with preemptive backup and recovery planning. When you combine proper planning with the use of a cloud-based BCDR solution like the one we provide, you will be well on your way to ensuring that you won’t be closing your doors due to data loss
- A plan that is not tested often fails. A critical piece of DR planning is making sure that a plan works in practice. As your service provider, we can work with you to educate your employees on their involvement in the plan, and to execute a dry run. After the practice run, we can re-group to identify opportunities to improve or make the plan clearer, and then re-test.
Have questions about how we can help address your preparedness needs? Give us a call today at 925-989-6523 or Contact Us.